Chen L, Jiang X, Chen H, Han Q, Liu C, Sun M. OncoTarget and therapy. 2019; 12: 907-919.
The publisher and publisher of OncoTarget and therapy wish to remove the published article. Concerns have been raised regarding the alleged image duplication in Figures 2D, 4D and 5D with similar images from unrelated articles, in particular:
- Figure 4D, HL-60 NC siRNA panel appears to have been duplicated with a similar image in Figure 6B from Li et al, 2019 (https://doi.org/10.2147/CMAR.S210845).
- Figure 4D, THP-1 NC siRNA panel appears to have been duplicated with a similar image in Figure 5C from Wang et al, 2018 (https://doi.org/10.3892/or.2018.6804).
- Figure 5D, HL-60 miR-NC panel appears to have been duplicated with a similar image in Figure 6E from Wang et al, 2019 (https://doi.org/10.3892/ijo.2019.4759).
- Figure 5D, the HL-60 miR-628 panel mimics + pc-IGF-1R appears to have been duplicated with similar images in Figure 5C from Lv et al, 2019 (https://doi.org/10.2147/OTT.S208263) and Figure 6D from Yun et al, 2019 (https://doi.org/10.2147/CMAR.S198615).
- Figure 5D, THP-1 miR-NC panel appears to have been duplicated with a similar image in Figure 4D from Zhao et al, 2018 (https://doi.org/10.3892/ijo.2018.4615).
The authors did not respond to our questions, and the publisher determined that the study results were no longer valid and advised to remove the article.
Our decision making was informed by our Policy on Ethics and Posting Integrity and COPE’s Withdrawal Guidelines.
The retracted article will remain online to retain the scientific record, but it will be digitally watermarked on each page as “Retracted”.
This withdrawal concerns this article
This work is published and licensed by Dove Medical Press Limited. The full terms of this license are available at https://www.dovepress.com/terms.php and incorporate the Creative Commons Attribution – Non-Commercial License (unported, v3.0). By accessing the work, you accept the Conditions. Non-commercial uses of the work are permitted without further permission from Dove Medical Press Limited, provided the work is properly attributed. For permission to use this work for commercial use, please see sections 4.2 and 5 of our Terms.